Friday 18 May 2012

Five Things for Friday: MIA Edition

It has been a few weeks since I have had consistent Internet access and so I feel like I have been really MIA (missing in action) for awhile. I thought that for this post I'd just post pictures that might give you an idea of what I have been up to.

-1-

GRADUATION! 

 

 Trying out his "batwings". Does anyone know why Masters robes are so ridiculous looking? They are bizarre.

 

Another classic family picture. I think it might be a LONG LONG time before we get one that isn't chaos-- beautiful chaos-- but chaos nonetheless! 


Just trying it on for size.

-2-

MOVING, MOVING AND MORE MOVING!



I feel so blessed we have been able to sell our house so quickly, and to such a wonderful couple. It has really been an answer to prayers. But it has been SO HARD to leave our house behind. The house is almost 100 years old and Jon and I poured our blood, sweat and hearts into remodeling it. We took something old and ugly and made it  beautiful and charming and have loved (almost) every moment of doing it.

I bawled like a baby as we were driving away. We were so happy there and it is hard to believe we will be as happy anywhere else. Two of our children were born in that house and  it is SO hard to leave that behind. I have been sort of emotional this last week but I am doing better now, as long as I don't think too much about it. 

-3-

OREGON! 



We flew with Jon's family to go visit his uncle and aunt in Oregon. It was the kids first time on an airplane and they loved it-- as you can tell by Rose's face. 

 


In fact, when I asked the kids what their favorite part of the trip was they both, without hesitation, said it was the plane ride! 

My favorite part was catching this 20lb beauty. 



Apparently I need to learn how to hold a fish, this was awkward... and slimy.

-4-

My other favorite part of the trip was driving around in our rental car minivan, which I affectionately dubbed our "swagger wagon."



It was a brand new, top of the line, Town and Country minivan with leather seats, three TVs built in, and more gizmos then we could figure out what do with. It was awesome and-- even though I once swore a blood oath I would never drive a minivan-- at this point in my life I would take even an ugly one in a heartbeat. Cramming three kids into their car seats in the back of our little Pontiac Sunfire (whose air conditioning just went out) is getting old. Hopefully with Jon's new job it won't take us too long to save up for one-- probably with much less "bling" than the rental car, but it was fun to dream.
 Sort of like test driving a BMW or Lamborghini... but "parents of lots of small children" style :)

 
-5-

Right now we are sort of homeless and are living with family till we find a place to be. I hate not having things figured out, but I just have to keep reminding myself that where ever Jon and the kids are-- that is all the "home" we need. Besides, this guy just makes everything better.


Have a great weekend and don't forget to check out The Gift of Giving Life book tour that will be going on the next few weeks! We have been getting some great feedback on the book... which is exciting!

If you want to link to your own "Five Things for Friday" post you can use the tool below to add your link. 1) Please link to the URL of your blog post and not your main blog and 2) Please include a link back here.

No comments:

Post a Comment